Friday, April 3, 2009

Ten Things About Me

I have seen this sort of thing on various other blogs and thought I'd give it a try.

  1. I embrace many alternative beliefs: The Law of Attraction (only I have my own version which is actually more of a "Law of Creation." Ask me about it sometime. Or maybe one day I'll address it on my philosophical blog), attachment parenting, unassisted childbirth, healing with herbs, unschooling, sustainable living, etc, etc.
  2. I believe in magic (not magic like Harry Potter or something; something more along the lines of the magic found in Nature, magic in creativity, magic in books and pictures and music, and a belief in creatures like dragons and such).
  3. I believe we can communicate with animals (see "Learning Their Language" by Marta Willliams).
  4. I am a flexetarian. That means I believe in eating only a very little meat, mainly when meat is all that's available or in the winter. In spring, summer, and fall; I think we should be eating little or no meat.
  5. I would love to be totally self-reliant and only have to pay taxes on land and perhaps buy a few things I would be unable to produce, such as oranges and needles and things like that (salt, maybe, although I would love to be able to make that, too).
  6. Although I prefer the country and have lived there most of my life, I have nothing against cities, either, or those from the city (unlike too many of my country friends). I definitey prefer the country, though.
  7. I am unschooled.
  8. I want to homestead.
  9. I want to marry and have children sometime in the next ten years or so.
  10. The Kinds of Music I Like: Classical, Holiday, New Age, European Folk, Alternative Rock, 80s Rock, Hard Rock, and any other kind of rock (except pop) with a touch of punk and scream-o.
  11. I love all holidays both Christian and Pagan and try to celebrate them all.
  12. I'm 5'8"
  13. My Ancestors are entirely Western European (Mostly English and Swedish, as well as French, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Danish, and German)....none from any of the fascinatingly exotic countries: Africa, Japan, South America....

1 comment:

Dark Spice said...

Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. :)