Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Catch-All Catch-Up Post

I have been so sick for the past five or six days. Fever, coughing fits, headache, weakness all over, lightheadedness, constant sleep, the works. I'm better now except for small bouts of lightheadedness, a voracious appetite (I am never hungry), and a craving for peppermint tea and lemons.

I try to post at least once a week (my computer day is Friday) but last Friday, I was so sick, even being on the internet was awful. But here I am. I had planned on doing some intensive physical labor on my someday garden and I have a recipe I want to post as soon as I find the camera with the pics on it.

So far, I have been trying to get a compost pile going. It takes three months for compost to mature, I'm told, and that is about when I need it to go on plants and seedlings. So I'm trying to build such a pile rather quickly. I have a little green discarded wastebasket on the front porch into which all my candidates for compost status go. It's not very full, but I am working on it trying very hard not to blame illness for not doing more.

I don't have much more to say and indeed should stop speaking a 19th century British/contemporary American English hybrid. It sounds strange even to my own ears.

I hope I snap out of it.

No comments: