Saturday, February 28, 2009

Getting Out of a Rut

I've been feeling really lazy lately. Normally, I can read good homesteading blogs for hours, but currently, I am having a hard time concentrating. It's annoying because even books (that addiction of mine) are confusing. So I've been playing games on the computer. You know, all those fun RPGs. Runescape. Pirates of the Carribean Online. And then plenty of puzzle-like point-and-clicks. I really like the Dream Chronicles only now that I've played the first two, I have to sit around and wait for the third one. I also have been having some fun with Escape Room games. I like them but I sorta suck. And I sometimes have to look for hints. I don't like walkthroughs because they give away too much. I like hints that get me looking at something I never considered before. I can figure out what needs to be done. Geez! It's just how that sometimes gets me.

I am slow with the homesteading stuff. I don't want animals at a time in my life when I'm changing so much, so that limits what I can do already. I can mostly just do plants (which I am doing, but way too slowly for my get-up-go-do-now-now-now personality). I also am doing the homemaking thing or whatever. I am crocheting little red and green squares to put together for an afghan. Or I was crocheting little squares...I did two and then couldn't find any scissors to finish it off so I could do another. Then I found the scissors and was no longer interested. Now I'm re-interested and I can't find the book with the pattern. Grrrr!

Then I discovered a great cookie recipe and I took pics and everything for this blog only now I can't find the camera! And I don't want to do it without pictures and I'm too lazy to go hunting for them.

I'm just getting over being really sick and so I am making excuses not to do anything and all in all I'm just procrastinating all over the place to the tune of the New Age internet Radio station I happen to be addicted to.

I am going to go to a bunch of social places (like church) and I am going to do some chores (make my bed, wash some clothes, etc) to get me going and out of this layabout sick person dealy.

And then I am going to go do something fun.

What do you do to get out of a rut?

No comments: